Hi y’all !!!
Yes, as real as it gets, CeeJ’s Blog is one year old! Isn’t this amazing?
Wow, the last 12 months went by so fast. I didn’t think I’d make it this far. As a special one year anniversary post, I have decided to let you into my world a little bit more; after all you’ve been around taking your precious time to read what I have to say and I think this is well deserved and the little I can do in order to get even closer to you through my pen and not remain some kind of mirage or “unreachable little celebrity” (not a celebrity though😁). I’m going therefore to tell you 25 things I bet you didn’t know about me and my write-ups . However, before I do, I’d like to tell you about the Genesis of this Blog.
I started CeeJ’s Blog in the beginning of April last year (2016). I confess I do not recall the exact day and that is because I didn’t think I’d be celebrating an anniversary and would need to remember it one day. I started blogging out of having too much time on my hands because I had completed school and was about to spend a full year I didn’t plan on at home (I’m sure you’re wondering why. That story is being written and I promise to share it with you one day 😉), not doing much. More than that, I started this Blog out of a burning passion and desire to communicate all that I knew was within me and that the Lord had given me to share with You ! 👉 You, the one reading this ☺. Hiiiii 🙋🙋🙋 !!! This blog is just the tip of the iceberg of the calling to be a writer that I know is on my life. I started CeeJ’s Blog with a desire to glorify the One who gives me these words to share. I did not start this blog with the aim of entertaining; nope. This blog may be many things but surely not an entertainment blog. I started it because I felt bad that the Spirit of God always shared so much with me during my idle times especially and yet at the end of every conversation, I had not penned anything down; I felt guilty. I felt a burden to come out with this Blog and so much more to come.
And so it started. And I wrote and wrote and wrote. When I write, I do it out of passion and I don’t bother about following technicalities and set rules for what a professional writer would say must go into writing. That might be my only sin but DOES I CARE ? 😄
Let’s see how much I wrote during those 12 months (these are not coming in their order of publication. Follow the links to read each one.)
1- NANA ( my first story series; 4 episodes ) :
2-CHRISTIANS SHOULD NOT DO POLITICS : https://ceej2016.wordpress.com/2016/11/02/christians-should-not-do-politics/
3-THE DAY I MEET YOU 1 : https://ceej2016.wordpress.com/2016/07/12/the-day-i-meet-you/
4-THE DAY I MEET YOU 2, THE TABOO POST (most shared) : https://ceej2016.wordpress.com/2017/02/10/the-day-i-meet-you-2/
5-THE PROCESS (personal favorite) :
6-LET’S STAY INDOORS TODAY (first peom) : https://ceej2016.wordpress.com/2016/05/03/lets-stay-indoors-today/
7-YOU WERE ALMOST MY EX, parts 1 to 12 (most popular series):
8-DOWRY FOR FOREIGNERS (an analogy relating to the challenges of being a foreign student in Ghana):
9-ROMANCING GOD (very first write up as a guest blogger on Goldinwords.com; published by Benjamin Anyan):
10-PLEASE CONTACT MY PSYCHIATRIST :
11-I AM ALLERGIC TO MEDIOCRITY :
12-DIVINE AUTHENTICATION; Waiting on God’s public authentication stamp :
13-BESTIE, BAE IS IN. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? : https://ceej2016.wordpress.com/2017/03/22/bestie-bae-is-in-what-happens-now/
14-THE WOMAN COLLECTOR 1 :
15 -THE WOMAN COLLECTOR 2 :
16-A LETTER TO MY BELOVED BABY BROTHER (a birthday message to my younger brother) :
17- SHOULD YOU GET PAST HELLO ? :
18- SOME OF YOU WILL NOT LIKE THIS BUT I PRAY YOU HEAR ME OUT ANYWAY :
19- LORD, HE MUST BE A TEN OVER TEN. In Jesus’ name I pray, AMEN! :
20- WHEN YOU MEET HIM/HER :
20 pieces published in one year! Not bad at all, right ? This wonderful journey has allowed me to connect with a number of wonderful people such as:
My number one fan and personal person so far when it comes to CeeJ’s Blog : ever supportive miss ELORM DAKETSEY !!! Shall we give her a hand please ? This girl knows how to support someone ! Meeehn!
Then it continued with more awesome people like: mr Etsey Freshie Atisu, miss Korngo Dosoo, miss Portia Nyarko, miss New-Version Pam and my other personal EYO squad and sisters (I won’t be mentioning their names here 😉. They know themselves. A big shout out to you all) and last but not least at all, my most recently found boo: Mr Leslie more popularly known as Kossi Akplah.
I won’t lie to you, There were many times I almost gave up when I saw the super low number of likes, views and shares after all the hard input but then each time, I remembered what sir Anyan told me when he encouraged me to start this blog. He said something that went like this: “Don’t do it for the likes and shares. Write as though you are having a conversation with someone and do it with the mind that even if you can reach and touch just one life, you’ve reached your goal”. And so, I started this blog. Those words have carried me through the rocky times of being a beginner and lay blogger up to now.
If you know me personally then you probably also know that I am someone with a strong will and character who doesn’t easily back down.
So, what brought the discouragement? In the world of blogging, we unfortunately have too many silent supporters and readers (for my liking). Yeah, it’s good you really like what that blogger writes but how would they know it and how would their work reach more heights and audience if people like you and I don’t care to share or give even just a like or a few words of encouragement ?! What hurts more is the fact that people you call friends, don’t always show their support as they should when you engage into something new. It’s not just with blogging, it happens in every other aspect of life.
The discouragement I experienced quite often also came from the fact that some of the people I thought I could count on without a doubt, either never showed their support like I expected and like I did with some of them when they were on the same journey or they did but just dropped my hand in the middle of the journey. What happened ? That I can’t tell.
But like David, I had to learn to encourage myself in the Lord and all the same, the journey was and remains worth it ! I realise how much more worth it it is when I go to a program and someone comes to me saying ” hi. I’ve read or I read your blog and I admire you so much. You’re doing a great job and opening eyes, keep it up”or again when I receive amazing testimonies inbox on Facebook or whatsapp because of a post I wrote. The feeling ? Priceless! My whole world gets lit up and I just can’t hide the wide grin of gratitude on my face. Such fantastic people, keep me going.
Now on to the list I announced in the introduction 👇👇
TWENTY-FIVE THINGS I BET YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT ME AND MY WRITE UPS:
1. I used to breakdance. I was part of my school’s breakdance club (the type of dance associated to hip hop) when I was in Junior High School. We danced before crowds coming from other high schools during our cultural week. My school was one of the most popular ones in town and I kind of was too. Yeah…I was my own kind of thug like that, you know 😎😂.
2. I am 100% a francophone from Togo
3. One of my dreams as a child was to one day be able to speak perfect English (from Britain) . Lol. #StillGettingThere
4. I’m not supsosed to start chatting with anyone until I get my quiet time done in the morning. #StillWorkingOnThat 🙈.
5. Twice— but probably more times than I would ever know— God litteraly saved my life while death was starring me in the face. (Stories to be told later 😉)
6. I was not born into a christian family. Yup 😊! Surprised?
7. You can see me with socks even while it’s hot outside, cos I get cold feet -physically- very often.
8. I love the smell of clean and the view of a nicely made bed. I’m crazy about fancy bedsheets. #Bedsheets junky
9. When I was little, I used to wish I was a boy. I was so obsessed with this desire that I one day tried peeing while standing. Don’t ask me if I succeeded and don’t ask me why I did that 😂, I don’t know it myself.
10. I’m a crazy and happy person who doesn’t seem like one at first sight but trust me, I am fun 😉.
11. I’m not as old as you think 😜; still in my 20’s. People always think I’m a grandmother already. 😞😕 Why? Just WHY ???
12. If you’re my friend, I am ready to do just anything for you ‘cos I really don’t know how to measure love and attention. 💗
13. I’m a member of EYO; Excellent Youth Outreach (a non denotminational youth ministry founded by Pastor John Gordon Egyir-Croffet ) where I was connected to purpose and destiny and was propelled to another level in my walk with God.
14. Mr Anyan Benjamin of Goldinwords.com is the one who encouraged me to start my blog; I was so scared 🙊 (What if no one reads it? What if it sucks? What if no one shares? What if it’s a failure? Etc…) . My first ever published write-up —ROMANCING GOD— was on their blog as a guest blogger.
15. Give me Couscous [Wait. What? You don’t know what Couscous is? Awww…You’re missing out on a lot in this life], chicken and a riped, multicouloured, not too soft, exquisitely perfumed mango and you’ll make me the happiest person on earth. 😄
16. Almost every time I share a new piece with you, I’m actually sharing with you a piece of myself. Most of my write ups stem from experiences; What can I talk to you best about other than that which I have experienced myself ? 😊 That is why what I write is like 80% reality and 20% fiction.
17. The YOU WERE ALMOST MY EX series was actually a single story that I ended up stretching into 12 episodes.
18. I am scared everytime I have to put up a new post 😳🙊🙈. I’m worried that no one would like or read it. That fear even causes me to postpone publishing sometimes. That is why I have quite a stock of unpublished write ups.
19. I was a prodigal daughter whom the Lord found again when I was in SHS 1 before it was too late. Yes !
20- I have a B.A. degree in French and English Translation with Spanish as my third language
21. I am currently working on getting a Masters Degree in Conference Interpretation.
22. I have 4 siblings and I am the third one; right in the middle.
23. I sing and I am a praise and worship leader. The world is yet to discover that side of me.
24. Nana from my first series NANA and Adjoa from YOU WERE ALMOST MY EX are truly based on true life stories like I said. The main characters in these two stories are one and the same and a real human being
25. And that Human Being is MOI ! Once again, Hiii! 😊
PS: NANA and YOU WERE ALMOST MY EX are portions of my testimony and I’m standing unashamed to share it for the Lord’s glory. Of course, some parts of these stories are still fiction. You can follow the links in the list of posts and read them.
PPS: DID you enjoy our one year celebration post ? My longest so far if I am not mistaken😄. I hope you did and that you REMEMBER TO HIT THE LIKE AND SHARE BUTTONS. Thanks for stopping by. The pleasure was all mine 😉.